MIT has partnered with AT&T to build a neutral-host Distributed Antenna System (DAS) on the MIT campus. The DAS is a network of antenna nodes connected to a common radio frequency source via a transport medium that provides improved cellular coverage and capacity within a building.
The DAS is open to all wireless carriers. IS&T is continuously working with wireless carriers to make coverage and capacity improvements on campus.
Benefits and key features
- DAS-installed buildings have improved in-building cellular coverage and performance, in addition to improved AT&T wireless coverage.
- Learn more about DAS in the Knowledge Base.
- HD Voice must be enabled when using Verizon’s VoLTE service.
AT&T users: There's nothing else that you need to do to begin using the service.
Verizon users: Since Verizon is only providing LTE service, you'll need to enable HD voice.
- Verizon's FAQ on enabling HD Voice on iOS devices
- Verizon's FAQ on enabling HD Voice on Android devices
Consider enabling Wi-Fi Calling on compatible devices – particularly in buildings where the DAS has not yet been installed.
Contact email@example.com with questions.