IS&T supports a variety of audio and web conferencing tools and makes them available to the MIT community.
- WebEx offers a set of services that provides audio, video, and text options. Accessed via the web, participants may share files or use screen sharing to show presentations, applications, or other web sites.
- MITvoip allows for conference calls of up to six participants using a VoIP phone.
- AudioBridge conference calls can be made from any phone.
- Intercall Audio conference calls can support up to 125 participants.
WebEx can be used from any computer (with a supported web browser) to schedule audio conference calls for small or large groups via the telephone. Participants may call in at a scheduled time or request the WebEx system call an attendee by providing a phone number. You can also join meetings from an iPhone, BlackBerry, or other WiFi- or 3G-enabled mobile device, but cannot use these devices to schedule or host meetings. It is available to faculty, staff, and students.
To login, go to the WebEx login website.
MITvoip conference calls
For conference calls of up to six participants, see the MIT VoIP User Guide to learn how to set up a call on your own.
Audio Bridge multi-party conference calls
MIT employees can reserve a designated 6, 12, or 18-port Meet-Me Audio Conference Bridge. Time permitting, you will be provided with a telephone number to share with all participants. Each party dials this MIT telephone number to connect to the conference.
To make a reservation you must be a member of the MIT community. Use the online Audio Bridge Request Form.
Intercall audio conferencing
MIT customers can use InterCall sevices and pay with an MIT Procurement Credit Card or purchase order. InterCall's "Reservationless-Plus" audio conferencing services include:
- Service for up to 125 participants, subject to port availability.
- Accounts can be created for an individual or a department; conference calls are set up through your InterCall account.
- Charges are billed to an MIT credit card or purchase order; they are not billed through IS&T and will not appear on your monthly MIT telephone bill.
- Instant access to a conference call, 24x7
- No advance reservation or operator assistance is necessary to set up a call
- Call a dedicated, toll-free number and enter a code which you have given them in advance
Account registration and conference call set up is handled directly through the InterCall website. Register for an MIT InterCall account.