IS&T supports a variety of audio and web conferencing tools and makes them available to the MIT community.
Benefits and key features
- WebEx offers a set of services that provides audio, video, and text options. Accessed via the web, participants may share files or use screen sharing to show presentations, applications, or other web sites.
- MITvoip allows for conference calls of up to six participants using a VoIP phone.
- Intercall Audio conference calls can support up to 125 participants.
WebEx can be used from any computer (with a supported web browser) to schedule audio conference calls for small or large groups via phone. Participants may call in at a scheduled time or request that the WebEx system call an attendee by providing a phone number. Mobile devices are supported for joining in, but they cannot be used to schedule or host meetings.
To login, go to the WebEx login website.
MITvoip conference calls
For conference calls of up to six participants, see the MIT VoIP User Guide to learn how to set up a call on your own.
Audio Bridge multi-party conference calls
The Audio Bridge multi-party conference call service was retired on August 15th, 2013. Customers requesting audio bridges are urged to set up their meeting using WebEx instead. If you require assistance setting up a meeting in WebEx or want to learn more about the service, (617-253-4357/3-HELP).
Intercall audio conferencing
MIT customers can use InterCall sevices and pay with an MIT Procurement credit card or purchase order. InterCall's "Reservationless-Plus" audio conferencing services include:
- Service for up to 125 participants, subject to port availability
- Conference calls are set up through either an individual or departmental InterCall account
- Charges are billed to an MIT credit card or purchase order; they are not billed through IS&T and will not appear on your monthly MIT telephone bill.
- Instant access to a conference call, 24x7
- No advance reservation or operator assistance is necessary to set up a call
- Users call a dedicated, toll-free number and enter a code they receive in advance
Account registration and conference call setup is handled directly through the InterCall website. Register for an MIT InterCall account.