An Athena "locker" is a directory, or a "folder," on the Athena filesystem. IS&T will create new lockers upon request.
- Athena lockers have quotas.
- IS&T creates lockers for official MIT courses, UROP projects, student living groups, ASA recognized student activities and MIT organizations (including administrative offices, academic departments, programs, laboratory or research groups).
- Request a Course Locker
- Request a UROP Locker
- Request an MIT Organizational Locker
- Request an ASA and Sloan Student Activity Locker
- Learn how to set permissions in a locker
Locker requests may take up to 2 business days to process but are usually completed within a few hours.