An Athena locker is a directory (aka: folder) on the Athena filesystem. IS&T creates lockers for official MIT courses, UROP projects, student living groups, ASA recognized student activities and MIT organizations (including administrative offices, academic departments, programs, and lab or research groups).
Benefits and key features
- Install software specific to your course, activity, or group.
- Instructors can put datasets or code repositories in a locker for easy access by students.
- DLCs can store common information such as procedures or checklists.
- Host a basic website.
- Request a course locker
- Request a UROP locker
- Request an MIT organizational locker
- Request an ASA and Sloan Student activity locker
- Learn how to set permissions in a locker
Locker requests may take up to 2 business days to process but are usually completed within a few hours.
Secure File Transfer: Upload and manage your files securely.