IS&T maintains a limited pool of computing equipment available for loan to eligible MIT students, faculty, and staff. Note that there are separate options and loan request forms for students and for faculty and staff. Allow one to two weeks for delivery.
Students, Faculty, Staff
Benefits and key features
Available for students:
- Laptops (Apple, Dell) for temporary use
- iPad bundle available only for undergraduates and those graduate students working as teaching assistants for undergraduate classes
Available for faculty and staff:
- Tablets - Apple iPad, Microsoft Surface
- Laptops - Apple, Dell
- Students requesting equipment must be currently enrolled.
- Faculty and staff must provide a valid Institute cost object, which will be used for tracking purposes. Note: The cost object provided will be charged for the full replacement value of any equipment that is not returned.
Important: There are separate options and request forms for students and for faculty and staff. Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
Students: There are two equipment loan programs for MIT Students.
- For all students: Request a laptop for temporary use. Review program terms and request a laptop loan here.
- For all undergraduate students and those graduate students working as TAs for undergraduate courses only: IS&T offers an iPad loaner bundle for use during the current academic year. Review program terms and request an iPad loan bundle here.
- If you have a computing need not listed here, contact the Service Desk to discuss your circumstances.
Faculty and staff: Log in using Touchstone and complete the computing equipment loan request for faculty and staff.
Visit our service portal to view or update your loan request as well as any active support ticket you have.