MIT Touchstone is a single sign-on web authentication service that allows members of the MIT community to log in to participating MIT and federated websites using their MIT credentials. When using a Touchstone-enabled application, your credentials will never be passed to the application service.
Benefits and key features
- Allows MIT users to authenticate to protected websites, including both MIT-hosted and cloud-based services.
- An existing MIT Kerberos username/password or MIT X.509 certificate.
- New MIT students, staff, faculty, and affiliates: Get an MIT Kerberos account.
- MIT students, staff, and faculty members: Use your existing MIT Kerberos account or MIT X.509 certificate to sign in through Touchstone.
- Contact the Service Desk for assistance.
Web application developers and administrators:
- Touchstone at MIT (including troubleshooting tips)
- Touchstone FAQ
- Touchstone Landing Page in the Knowledge Base