The remote access Virtual Private Network (VPN) service provides privacy and security for your computing activities as well as the ability to access protected MIT resources that require a MITnet IP address.
The Prisma Access VPN service is a cloud-based VPN offering currently in beta at MIT, and is a modernization of the current Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, which it will eventually replace. The Prisma Access VPN provides a secure connection between your computing device and the cloud VPN gateway using the GlobalProtect VPN client.
Note: IS&Twill continue to offer support for both VPN platforms during the transition period.
Benefits and key features
- Provides a consistent and secure experience using MITnet regardless of your location.
- Works through various port blocks and firewalls that Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and administrators have built that often interrupt or prevent legitimate work from happening.
- Touchstone is required to use the Prisma Access Beta VPN.
- Duo two-factor authentication is required to use either VPN service.
- Accessibility note: Screen readers must use Internet Explorer to successfully run the web-based Cisco VPN service.