FileMaker Pro Advanced is used to create custom apps and to access them on a Windows or Mac computer. FileMaker Pro Advanced includes a set of advanced tools to help you design and develop custom apps faster and easier.
How to Obtain
FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced is available, via request, to MIT faculty and staff for use on MIT-owned machines only.
Use of FileMaker GO and WebDirect is available for use only by those who otherwise qualify for MIT-issued FileMaker licenses.
By downloading a copy of FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced, Server, FileMaker Go or WebDirect, you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the Guidelines for using the MIT License.
Once the Guidelines have been reviewed, you may Request FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced. You will receive an email with your activation key within a few days of submitting the form.
Storing data and security in FileMaker
If not properly configured and housed, the FileMaker files you work with may be at risk for security breaches.
- While the FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced client can be used to access any file locally with the .fmp12 format, the 18 client is not compatible for use with files hosted on FileMaker Servers 15 or below. Check with your FileMaker administrator first if you are unsure of the FileMaker Server version currently in use by your area.
- Solutions from FileMaker Pro 11 and earlier must be converted to the latest file format to be opened or shared with FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced.
- Storing data in FileMaker at MIT
- FileMaker: Security Guidelines
- Documentation for FileMaker 18
- FileMaker training
- Support from FileMaker
- FileMaker hosting and support