The Data Warehouse is a stable, read-only database that combines information from separate systems into one easy-to-access location.
Benefits and key features
The MIT Data Warehouse is a central data source that combines data from various Institute administrative systems. Access is controlled by authorizations maintained within the ROLES Database. Authorized users can access data via SQL or any SQL-based tool, export the results to other software programs, and manipulate data locally. Results may also be joined with local data.
- Catalog of Warehouse schemas and table groups
- Catalog of all tables in alphabetical order
- Cognos reports (Touchstone authentication required)
- Cognos Quick Reference card
- Reports, data, and lookups
- Request Warehouse access
- Get started and get help with the Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse and reporting: Support resources
- Join the Warehouse-Announce email list
- Join the Reporting-Announce email list
- Data Warehouse in the Knowledge Base
- Warehouse use and troubleshooting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative matters and authorization requests: email@example.com
- Data administration issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change your password
Hours of operation
The Data Warehouse is available seven days a week, except for Saturdays from 3:00 - 3:10 PM during the weekly backup.
- 8AM - 8PM: Normal user hours. The Warehouse is stable, no data loads.
- 8PM - 7AM: Data loads. The Warehouse can be accessed, but the data may be in an inconsistent state because it is being refreshed.
- 7AM - 8AM: Data extract processing. Data are loaded and stable. Users may access the Warehouse during this time, but the response time might be slow.