Students, Faculty, Staff
Faculty and staff who request a course site have three options:
- Learning Modules (LMOD) system: Ties all user-activated modules, e.g., Gradebook, Materials, Forum, Calendar, within a single interface. This provides a seamless user experience and removes the need to manage a separate classic Stellar site.
- Hybrid system with classic Stellar and LMOD: Uses LMOD Membership, Materials, and Calendar Modules, but retains legacy Announcements, Forum, and Class/Section home pages.
- Classic Stellar: Uses LMOD Membership, but retains the legacy Materials, Homework, Announcements, Forum, Calendar, and Class/Section home pages.
Selection of any options listed above can be made at the time of the site request. All options allow for:
- Sharing and updating class materials and assignments.
- Managing class membership.
- Tracking student performance.
- Facilitating course-based collaboration and information exchange.
Benefits and key features
- Online Course Guide
- Customizable course landing page
- Course calendar
- Tools for managing student or staff lists, and support for the following section types: recitation, lab, lecture, design, as well as custom.
- Tools to help populate, organize, and display course materials, and a method to manage access to copyrighted and/or time-sensitive content.
- Support for postings of class announcements, sending of emails, and moderating discussion forums.
Optional advanced grade management options, with support for sections. The Gradebook Module also provides the following:
- Assignments component: on-demand assignment creation and capabilities to collect online assignment submissions.
- Attendance component: provides a centralized means for tracking and grading student attendance via a customizable calendar.