MITnet is the short name for MIT's campus-wide computer network.
Benefits and key features
Members of the MIT community and guests can connect to thousands of workstations, servers, printers, mobile devices, and electronic resources of every kind via wired or wireless connections, as well as from off-campus via an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Your MIT Kerberos account.
- All network users are expected to follow the MITnet Rules of Use.
- Network price list
- Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates: Get connected to MITnet.
- Visitors and guests: Network connectivity for guests.
- Dorms and residence halls: Connect to MITnet in the dorms.
- FSILGS: Connect to MITnet from on- or off-campus fraternities, sororities and independent living groups.
Off-campus: Connect to MITnet remotely.
- MIT Network Landing Page in the Knowledge Base
- Wireless Networks in the Knowledge Base