MITnet is MIT's campus network. Members of the MIT community can access the network from on campus via high-speed (wired) Ethernet or wireless Ethernet, and from off-campus via an MIT provided dial-up connection or an external ISP (Internet Service Provider).
All network users are expected to follow the MITnet Rules of Use.
- Your MIT Kerberos username and password, also known as your Athena, MIT email, or MITnet account.
Students, faculty, staff, and affiliates:
- Learn how to get connected to MITnet and the Internet (wireless and wired)
Visitors and guests:
- Learn about connecting to the secure wireless network.
- Learn about getting temporary access to the network via the ethernet.
Dorms and residence halls
- Learn how to get connected to MITnet from on or off-campus fraternities, sororities and independent living groups.