IS&T's Distributed IT Resources (DITR) team can help departments with the purchase of physical hardware.
- Improved reliability and usability of departmental computing environment
- Assist with computer and tablet purchases based on job requirements
- Sustainable maintenance practices
- Ensure operational compatibility with MIT standards and best practices
- Provide a supported set of hardware and software configurations
New equipment acquisition
- DITR assists faculty and staff with acquiring new computers and/or tablets either in small orders or in bulk.
- All desktops and laptops are purchased with a three-year warranty.
- Purchasing and renewal options are available on most standard MIT-recommended hardware.
- Shared printers are also available in a limited capacity.
Equipment deployment and setup
- Our friendly, professional staff will deliver the equipment to your office.
- Optional setup and data transfer services are also available.
- DITR can transfer data from old computers to new ones.
- DITR can configure new computers with your software and specified configurations.
- We recommend a 3-year lifecycle for computers. With improved tracking tools and a streamlined process, DITR can help you keep your computer's lifecycle management organized.
- DITR can pick up and dispose of your older computer equipment in an environmentally friendly way that also protects your data.
Preventative maintenance (for Administrative Staff)
- DITR offers routine checkups that are focused on security, backup, and software updates.
Contact DITR at: