The Data Warehouse is a stable, read-only database that combines information from separate systems into one, easy-to-access location.
Benefits and key features
The MIT Data Warehouse is a central data source which combines data from various Institute administrative systems. Access to the data is controlled by authorizations maintained within the ROLES Database. Community members with appropriate authorizations can access data via SQL or any SQL-based tool. They have the ability to export the results to other software programs (e.g., FileMaker, Microsoft Excel) and manipulate the data locally. The results may also be joined with local data.
- Catalog of Warehouse schemas and table groups
- Catalog of all tables in alphabetical order
- Cognos reports (requires Touchstone authentication)
- Cognos Quick Reference Card
- Catalog of Brio reports
- Request Warehouse access
- Getting started and getting help with the Warehouse
- Join the Warehouse-Announce email list
- Warehouse use and troubleshooting: email@example.com
- Administrative matters and authorization requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data administration issues: email@example.com
- Change your password
Data Warehouse hours of operation
The Data Warehouse is available seven days a week, except for Saturdays from 3 - 3:10 PM during the weekly backup.
- 8AM - 8PM: Normal user hours. The Warehouse is stable, and no data are being loaded.
- 8PM - 7AM: Data loads. Although the Warehouse can be accessed, the data are in an inconsistent state because they are being refreshed.
- 7AM - 8AM: Data extract processing. Data are loaded and stable. Users may access the Warehouse during this time, but the response time might be slow.