IS&T provides a number of web services for accessing enterprise data or integrating with our central systems. These web services provide standard, SOAP-based APIs to several major campus systems.
Benefits and key features
Application developers can integrate with or consume data from these systems using a standard protocol for doing so, instead of using a custom, application-specific protocol (Moira, MITID DB) or raw SQL (Data Warehouse, RolesDB).
The following services do not require authentication:
- COURSEWS - Provides unauthenticated access to course data from the Data Warehouse
- MIT Events Calendar API - Provides access to the MIT Events Calendar
The following services require authentication in the form of an application certificate issued by the MIT Certificate Authority:
- GEOWS - Geographical Data service based off of www.geonames.org.
- MITIDWS - Web services API to the MITID database.
- MOIRAWS - Web services API to the Moira database (list membership data only)
- ROLESWS - Web services API to the Roles database.
- UAWS - "User Authorizations" - A simpler web services API providing read-only access to Roles data.
For all of the authentication-required services, access is granted following consultation with IS&T staff to determine legitimate business need.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.