IS&T offers the MIT Wiki Service to provide MIT groups and organizations with collaborative web spaces. Any MIT community group, project, or organization can request a wiki space.
- Wiki spaces can be restricted to a small group of colleagues or can be opened up to the world.
- Integrates MIT's well-established Moira list management service to manage group permissions
- For authorization, Wikis integrates with MIT's Touchstone authentication service.
- Non-MIT users can participate as well, by creating a Touchstone collaboration account.
The MIT Wiki Service uses a product named Confluence from Atlassian Software.
The MIT Wiki Service is intended for use by MIT academic, administrative, research, and student groups.
To access existing MIT Wiki spaces:
- Go to the MIT Wikis Dashboard, and click on the name of the space you want to visit, or search. Some spaces may require permissions to view or edit.
- Click Log In to see the full list of spaces you have permission to view.
- For more information on permissions and access controls, see: Controlling Access to Your Wiki Space.
To obtain an MIT Wiki Service space for your group or course:
- Submit the request form.
If you are a non-MIT participant:
Note about Support: Support is provided for creating spaces, setting up access control to spaces, and basic instructions and documentation on how to use a space. Since rules, desired page formats, and guidelines often differ from space to space, IS&T can only provide limited guidance to individual users of spaces. As a space administrator, you may need to assist your content creators as they get used to creating or editing pages in your space.
To learn how to use Wikis at MIT: