BrioQuery is the query tool most often used at MIT to retrieve data from the Data Warehouse. It lets you store and run multiple queries in one file, access queries from different databases, create reports, and display and print data in tables.
How to obtain
This software is licensed for use by MIT faculty and staff.
BrioQuery 6 provides enhanced functionality. Queries used in BrioQuery 5 will run in BrioQuery 6 but cannot be saved back to version 5. Version 5 detail reports will work as created in version 5. If you need to modify these reports, open the query in version 6, click on the report, and convert it to report format via the Detail menu bar.
- Processor: IBM, Dell, or 100% compatible with Pentium processor
- Operating system: Windows 7; must install the Oracle 11gR2 Client
- Memory: 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended)
- Disk space: 20 MB of disk space (32 MB recommended) for BrioQuery, 7MB for the Oracle client
- A connection to MITnet if used with the Data Warehouse. For use with other Oracle databases on campus, contact the data administrator to find out what kind of connection you need.