The MIT Oracle 12c client is a silent installer that installs the Administrator client in a standard, Windows-based location, and configures a connection to the MIT Oracle Internet Directory Server. The Oracle Internet Directory Server provides lookup information for many MIT databases, including the Data Warehouse. It allows BrioQuery to connect to the Data Warehouse.
How to obtain
Oracle 12c is licensed for use by MIT faculty and staff on MIT-owned and personal machines.
- For most users: 32-bit (auto installer)
For advanced users only: 64-bit (auto-installer)
Note: Does NOT work with BrioQuery.
- Use 11gR2 32-bit (manual installer): For troubleshooting purposes or for users who desire a custom installation
Before installing, please note:
- You do not have to uninstall previous versions.
- JDBC drivers no longer require a separate installer.
- LDAP lookup via the Oracle Internet Directory Server has replaced TNSnames lookup.
- Installation instructions
- Manual installation
- Configuration changes accomplished by the MIT Oracle installer
MIT Oracle 12c client components include:
- Full Administrator client installation, which includes the JDBC drivers
- ASO (Advanced Security Option)
- Oracle ODBC drivers
- MITAnsSeedGenerator, a Java program that generates a unique random seed for SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED value (deleted upon completion of the installation)
- Microsoft documentation