The Roles Database stores access rules (user authorizations) for applications like SAP, Data Warehouse, and the Graduate Admissions System, among others. Specially Authorized Departmental and Central Administrators use the web-based Roles Database application to view and manage user authorizations.
Benefits and key features
- Consistent way to store and maintain access rules for other applications.
- Web-based access to the database - no need to install any software.
- No special Roles Database username and password required.
- Authorizations are stored in the central database; use the front-end application to display, create, and modify.
- Collects, but does not enforce, the access rules that it maintains. Data is distributed to the appropriate applications, which in turn interpret and enforce the access rules.
To create or maintain authorizations: