IS&T offers a variety of telephone help/repair and switchboard services.
Benefits and key features
- Telephone and voice mail installation, setup, moves
- Telephone and voice mail repair and troubleshooting
- Operator/switchboard services
Telephone and voice mail repair and assistance
See Getting started below for contact information.
Installation, moves and changes of service
All requests for new telephone service or changes in existing service should go through your department's Administrative Officer (AO) or designated telephone service contact person.
- Pricelist for new jack installations and other telephone-related services
- Pricelist for circuit and network-related services
Large-scale projects (adds, moves, and changes)
Contact the Service Desk early in the project so that they can schedule work and minimize delays.
WebEx offers a set of services that provides audio, video, and text options. Accessed via the web, participants may share files or use screen sharing to show presentations, applications, or other web sites. To log in, go to the WebEx website.
For help with annoying or obscene telephone calls, call 617-253-3654 (x3-3654). An operator will assist you. Massachusetts law prohibits the making of annoying phone calls. Federal law prohibits the making of obscene or harassing calls in interstate or foreign communications.
Have the following information ready before contacting the Service Desk:
- Detailed description of the problem
- Model number of telephone
- Primary number of the defective phone or line
- Exact location of the defective phone or line
- Contact number or email where you can be reached (or can receive a message)
Phone: 617-253-4357 (3-HELP)
Emergency or off-hour problems: Call the Telephone Repair Help Line for instructions: 617-253-4357 (3-HELP)
MIT switchboard: 617-253-3654 (x3-3654)