IS&T offers a variety of telephone help/repair and switchboard services.
Benefits and key features
Assistance with telephone and voice mail:
Installation and moves: All requests for new and/or changing telephone service should go through your department's Administrative Officer (AO) or designated telephone service contact person.
Large-scale adds/moves/changes: Contact the Service Desk early in the project to schedule work and minimize delays.
- Repair and troubleshooting
- Operator/switchboard services
- Pricelist for new jack installations and other telephone-related services
- Pricelist for circuit and network-related services
Have the following information ready before contacting the Service Desk:
- Detailed description of the problem
- Telephone model number
- Primary number and location of the defective phone or line
- Your contact number or email
Conference calls: WebEx offers a set of audio/video/text service options. Participants can share files or use screen sharing to show presentations, applications, or other web sites. Log in at the WebEx website.
Annoyance calls: For help with annoying or obscene telephone calls, dial 617-253-3654 (x3-3654). An operator will assist you.
Phone, including for emergency or off-hour problems: 617-253-4357 (3-HELP)
MIT switchboard: 617-253-3654 (x3-3654)