IS&T offers a variety of telephone help/repair and switchboard services.
Benefits and key features
Installation and moves: All requests for new and/or changing telephone service should go through your department's Administrative Officer (AO) or designated telephone service contact person.
Large-scale adds/moves/changes: Contact the Service Desk early in the project to schedule work and minimize delays.
- Repair and troubleshooting
- Operator/switchboard services
- Telephone services for people with disabilities
- Price list for new jack installations and other telephone-related services
- Price list for circuit and network-related services
Have the following information ready before contacting the Service Desk:
- Detailed description of the problem
- Telephone model number
- Primary number and location of the defective phone or line
- Your contact number or email
Annoyance calls: For help with annoying or obscene telephone calls, dial the MIT switchboard: 617-253-3654 (x3-3654). An operator will assist you.