IS&T supports Windows device management through Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). SCCM is an endpoint management service for Windows machines that provides inventory, software distribution, settings, and security management.
Benefits and key features
- Proactively manage equipment lifecycles
- Deploy software and policies in a consistent manner
- Provide data for troubleshooting computer issues
- Ensure private and protected access and visibility to computers in your own department through IS&T's SCCM instance
- Allow for end users to install software or other items at a time of their choosing
- Create packages, printers, and other items and advertise them to end users
- Machines must be joined in the win.mit.edu domain.