MECM is an endpoint management service for Windows machines that provides inventory, software distribution, settings, and security management.
Benefits and key features
- Proactively manage device life cycles from purchase to retirement
- Deploy software and printers to devices in an automated manner utilizing a common software library
- Deploy operating system upgrades and patches
- Ensure devices are encrypted, patched, and secured in compliance with accepted security best practices
- Provide “self-service” to end users so they can update machines when convenient
- Machines must be joined in the win.mit.edu domain