To support and enable MIT's rapid shift to a hybrid learning environment for the fall term, Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is providing a range of IT resources to enable community members to create the rich collaborations fundamental to the MIT experience.
IS&T is pleased to announce the availability of Explain Everything, a digital whiteboard app for iPads, Chromebooks, Android tablets, and web browsers, to all MIT community members.
Explain Everything allows you to go beyond a traditional whiteboard to a fully interactive multimedia experience: writing, sketching,and interacting with images and video together with collaborators in real time, presenting live to an audience, or recording and narrating a session for sharing later.
MIT community members may download the mobile app on any iPad or Android tablet or visit explaineverything.com and create an account using an @mit.edu email address. You will need to create a unique, strong password for this login. You should NOT use your MIT Kerberos password for your Explain Everything account. IS&T is working with the vendor to enable Touchstone authentication for this product.
Note: If you already have an account using your @mit.edu email address, the vendor will be contacting you to arrange a transition to the Institute’s license.
- Explain Everything Help Center
- If an answer is not found in the Help Center, contact the vendor: email@example.com
- Explain Everything in the Knowledge Base
Additional tools coming soon
IS&T is arranging to provide additional popular tools for the MIT community in time for the fall semester.
- Adobe Creative Cloud will be made available to all MIT students at no charge. Adobe Creative Cloud is already available to all faculty and staff.
- Notability, a note-taking, annotation, and sketching app for iOS, will be made available to all students, faculty, and staff at no charge.
More information about how to obtain each product will be shared as it becomes available.
If you have questions, please contact the IS&T Service Desk.