This is a preconfigured Windows 10 virtual machine that is designed for use only by MIT students that need to access SOLIDWORKS 2019.
How to obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
Download the Virtual Machine (2019)
Note: The VM download file size is approximately 12 GB
- Introduction to the Virtual Machine for Educational Use
- IS&T Preconfigured Virtual Machines: Known Issues
- Pharos Printing
- Q: How do I increase the RAM in my virtual machine?
- VMware Printing
- Virtualization in the Knowledge Base
- Virtualization at MIT
- Important data should NOT be stored within the VM. There is no good mechanism for backing up data stored in the VM itself as standard troubleshooting practices will include downloading a new copy of the Virtual Machine.
- Firefox should only be used for accessing web sites that require Windows-specific software, not for general purpose web browsing.
Educational/academic applications included:
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Student Edition
- Google Chrome
- Disk space: 12 GB to download, 30+ GB to extract and use
- Software: VMware Fusion or VMware Workstation
- IS&T can only provide full support for the process of obtaining certificates in Firefox.
- All other applications included with the VM are provided on an "as-is" basis.
- Dassault provides technical support for all student versions of SOLIDWORKS.