The IS&T Data Center provides an environmentally secure location for housing your servers and related equipment. Your servers will be provided with rack space, power, cooling, and network connectivity.
Benefits and key features
IS&T's co-location service provides the following:
- A secure location with a stable environment for housing your server(s) and related equipment. Network connectivity via 100Mb/s switched connection to MITnet.
- Rack-mountable, dual power supply servers.
- Hardware installation and de-installation. Appropriate rack space, network connections, and electrical connections. For co-location basic, you are responsible for server installation.
- Access to the equipment by pre-authorized staff in the presence of an operator.
- 24x7 on-call phone support. Attended operator coverage Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Four hours notice required for emergency needs during unattended coverage. If access is needed more than once in a fiscal year, a fee of $60 per hour will be charged (minimum of four hours).
Operator documentation includes:
- General server description.
- Names of pre-authorized staff who need physical access.
- Reboot and system status procedures.
- Equipment list with MIT Property Tag, s/n, make, model.
- Hardware field service contact and hardware maintenance contract information.
- Limited training of operations staff to familiarize them with your equipment, procedures, and SLA terms.
- Vendor liaison for installation or repairs.
- Reboot or system status check, based on client request.
- Tape mounts for backups, if required.
- Limited shelf space for documentation, backup media, or spare parts.
- Appropriate space in cabinets for server installation.
- Power cords and Ethernet/UTP cords to allow proper cooling.
- CISCO 4948 48-port switch.
IS&T does not:
- Monitor the system console for events.
- Provide application, OS, or DB support.
- Provide or manage the backup application.
- Integrate these systems into our standard reporting and monitoring tools.
- If you are already familiar with our co-location services, complete the Client Questionnaire.
- If you are not familiar with all of our various services, contact the Data Center.
- Complete the Client Questionnaire.
- DOST will acknowledge receipt of the completed questionnaire within one business day.
- After we review the questionnaire you will be contacted by our installation team to ensure the installation is completed on time, and to your satisfaction. This is typically completed in five business days or less.
- We will notify you via email when the installation is complete.
Contact the Data Center whenever there are changes to customer contacts, services (customers may add or delete equipment), or billing Cost Objects. Our team will contact you annually to ensure accuracy of information.
- We will meet with new clients to review and sign a Service Level Agreement (SLA) before the service begins.
- SLAs for existing clients will be reviewed and signed each June for the following fiscal year.
FY 2016-2017 rates for co-location
'U' is equal to two inches of vertical rack space. Price shown is the annual fee.
- 1-2 U: $300
- 3-9 U: $600
- 10-19 U: $1200
- 20 U - Full rack: $3000
Note: Service fees are billed in the middle of each fiscal quarter. They will be assessed for any quarter with a billing date that occurs after the SLA has been signed.
System/Server Status: 617-253-DOWN (3-DOWN)