To provide the core infrastructure needed to support collaboration through virtual and hybrid meeting experiences, IS&T offers two options for Zoom Rooms solutions to MIT departments, labs, and centers (DLCs):
- Option one: DLC-funded with full support
- Option two: License only, with limited support
New in 2022: MIT community members may now find and reserve a number of shared Zoom Rooms distributed across campus. Learn more about Zoom Rooms for Community Use and the Shared Meeting Spaces Pilot program.
Benefits and key features
Option one: DLC-funded with full support
If your DLC agrees to fund the entirety of the Zoom Rooms solution, provided by IS&T in partnership with Zoom's Professional Services Organization (PSO), IS&T will proceed working with you to design, price, and install your Zoom Rooms solution.
With this solution your room(s) will qualify for 24/7 dedicated Zoom Rooms support and hardware replacement within 2 business days. Phone support will come via a dedicated phone number for use only by MIT and staffed by Zoom Rooms experts.
- Review: IS&T reviews the request to confirm eligibility.
Assess: IS&T schedules an on-site assessment to determine what infrastructure needs to be installed in the location.
- Note: Requestor will be responsible for removing any existing audio/video conferencing equipment from the room. IS&T is available for consultation.
- Design: IS&T works with Zoom to design a solution for the space.
- Plan: IS&T confirms equipment design, hardware setup, cost estimate, and installation plan with requestor.
- Install Infrastructure: IS&T schedules and installs required infrastructure to support new Zoom Rooms setup.
- Install Equipment and Set Up: Zoom PSO schedules, installs, and configures Zoom Rooms hardware and software.
- Train: Zoom PSO provides training for use of Zoom Rooms.
Option two: License only, with limited support
If you already have your own Zoom-compatible equipment and would like to request a Zoom Rooms license only so that you may use your system with Zoom, IS&T can provision one for your use.
Note: A license provided for use with your own equipment will not qualify you for the extended Zoom support services describe above.
- MIT Kerberos account
- Institute cost object
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Zoom Rooms solution for your DLC. Specify whether you are seeking to fund a Zoom Rooms solution with full support, or if you are requesting a license only.
See Zoom Rooms at MIT in the Knowledge Base for additional information.