IS&T's Distributed IT Resources (DITR) team contracts with Departments, Labs, and Centers (DLCs) for long- and short-term support contracts for the local computing environment.
Benefits and key features
- Support for Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops and mobile devices.
- Partner with DLCs and facilitate the use of the computing environment as an aid to your work.
Long-term service level agreements (SLAs)
Per-user support model
- Maintain a properly functioning computing environment in the DLC, in cooperation with the Departmental Liaison. This will involve general troubleshooting of the hardware and software problems that arise within the Department’s defined area of operation, Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
- Work closely with the Liaison to plan for events such as new employee arrival, assisting new employees with accessing the network, getting certificates, connecting to printers, employee departure, and changes to the computing environment
- Upgrade customers, as needed, to the approved MIT versions of software.
- Assist with implementing enterprise solutions, such as Exchange migrations, departmental moves, and large software deploys.
- The rate is $858 per user, per year. The amount will be prorated to the end of the fiscal year in the event of the contract beginning on any date other than July 1.
- Contracts between Distributed IT Resources (DITR) and a DLC to provide a consistent schedule of computing support for a fiscal year.
Contracts can be 4, 8, 12, 16+ hours per week divided into four-hour blocks of time.
E.g., A department may contract for eight hours per week, divided into four hours on Wednesdays from 8AM to 12PM and four hours on Fridays from 1PM to 5PM. Emergency support is available outside of the DLC’s contracted hours provided a consultant is available.
- Assist with implementing enterprise solutions, e.g., Exchange migrations, departmental moves, large software deploys.
- The rate is $14,950 per year for each four hour block, per week. The amount will be prorated to the end of the fiscal year if the contract begins on any date other than July 1.
All long-term SLAs are based upon the fiscal year and will be pro-rated if the starting date for the contract is a date other than July 1.
Short-term SLAs support a specific project or computer service request of limited duration, e.g., setup of a new computer, virus/malware removal, visitor and special event support. Prior to an agreement, DITR will consult with you to assess the project and provide an accurate estimate of the resources required. This service is charged at a per-hour basis and will be acted upon in an as soon as possible time frame.
The rate is $82 per hour. There is a 1 hour minimum charge for Short-term SLAs.
|Service Level Agreements||Rate||Payment Method|
|Short-term: Priced hourly||$82/hour (one-hour minimum)|
|Long-term: Best suited to departments that have a long-term demand for IT support.||Contact DITR for details.|
|On-call: Best suited to departments that have an irregular demand for IT support.||$82/hour (one-hour minimum)|
|Relocation assistance||$82/hour (one-hour minimum)|
Contact DITR: email@example.com | 617-258-5785