The Office of the Provost, in collaboration with the Office of Campus Planning, is piloting a new program of sharing meeting space across campus through January 2023. IS&T has partnered with Zoom's Professional Services Organization (PSO) to equip these spaces with Zoom Rooms solutions offering a consistent experience across diverse locations.
Use of these spaces is available to MIT faculty, students, and staff through reservations made via the Spaces feature within the MIT Atlas mobile application.
Note: MIT departments, labs, and centers (DLCs) wishing to establish their own Zoom Rooms space outside of this pilot program may utilize IS&T's Zoom Rooms for DLCs service.
Benefits and key features
- Spaces included in the pilot offer a mix of meeting room locations and capacities.
- Each space is equipped with self-service virtual collaboration technology, providing a consistent Zoom Rooms experience.
- Reserving a space through the Atlas app automatically schedules a Zoom meeting for the requestor to share.
- Each space receives 24/7 phone support via a dedicated phone number for use only by MIT and staffed by Zoom Rooms experts.
- MIT Kerberos account
- MIT Atlas mobile application, available for iOS 13+ or Android 7+
Visit apps.mit.edu to install the Atlas mobile application on your iOS 13+ or Android 7+ device. Tap the Spaces feature and follow the prompts to select and reserve a meeting room.
If you have questions about room reservations, access, or the MIT Atlas app, contact the IS&T Service Desk at 617-253-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in a Community Zoom Room and need help with the Zoom Rooms equipment or system, contact Zoom support at (617) 795-3436.