Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates
Mail-in repairs are limited to laptops and tablets.
Before initiating a repair request, note the following:
- Back up your information.
- Request a loaner laptop. If your computer is currently in a functioning state, request the loaner prior to shipping it to the vendor.
- Process tagging repair payment back to your DLC if your repair is done directly through the vendor.
- Apple: Apple mail-in repairs, for both in- and out-of-warranty laptops, should be initiated via the Apple Support site or by calling 800-275-2273 (800-APL-CARE).
- Dell: Dell’s mail-in repairs, for both in- and out-of-warranty laptops can be initiated via Dell Support or by calling 800-288-4410.
- Lenovo: Lenovo repairs in-warranty products only. There are two options for submitting a mail-in repair request for laptop or tablets:
- Non-portable desktop repairs
When initiating a mail-in repair request to Apple, Dell, or Lenovo, have the following information ready beforehand:
- Serial number/service tag
- Description of your issue
- Mailing address and telephone number