MIT provides centrally-managed printers as well as network connectivity for department or personally owned printers. Both color and black-and-white printers are now available in all MIT dorms.
Using managed Pharos printers
Install the Pharos printing client to print from your computer to a Pharos printer on campus, or use the Athena Print Center (MobilePrint) to upload a document.
The Athena Print Center web interface allows you to:
- Upload documents from a computer or mobile device to the central Pharos printing queue
- Release print jobs to any Pharos printer without any physical contact
- Preview, delete, and manage options for print jobs
Note: Releasing print jobs via Athena Print Center (MobilePrint) instead of using your MIT ID card is recommended for all Pharos devices, as it reduces physical contact. Newer Pharos printers, including all color devices in residential buildings, do not have ID card readers attached.
For more information:
- Athena Touchless Printing Release with MobilePrint in the Knowledge Base
- Pharos printing in the Knowledge Base
- List of Pharos printer locations
Connect a department or personally owned printer to MITnet
- Setup instructions in the Knowledge Base
- Network printing best practices
- Request a print queue for a printer on MITnet
MIT Copytech manages a large number of printers, Multi-Function Printers (MFPs) and Multi-Function Devices (MFDs or Copiers) on campus including 300+ departmental devices and the Pharos printers. Devices supported by MIT Copytech will have a label affixed with contact information. For service or repair on these devices, email email@example.com.
For help with setting up or printing to another device on MITnet (including SAPgui printing), contact the IS&T Service Desk.
The following vendor is available for service and repairs on warranty and out-of-warranty printers and multi-functional devices (MFDs) that do not fall under a Copytech agreement: Conway Office Solutions: HP, Xerox, Dell, and Lexmark LaserJet.