MIT has a diverse set of printing requirements and options. IS&T provides recommendations for buying the right printers to meet these requirements, instructions for printing, and access to printer repair services.
Benefits and key features
- Recommended printers meet the criteria for use at MIT including network capability and administrative computing needs
- Instructions for configuring to print to network printers saves you time and frustration.
- Printer repair is done on-site.
- LPR is the standard network printing protocol used at MIT.
- Recommended Dell printers are approved for SAP (administrative) printing.
IS&T has a partnership with KSL, a local repair service company that provides on-site printer repair for the MIT community.
- KSL handles warranty and out-of-warranty repairs on HP, Dell, and Xerox printers.
- Repair work can typically be done one business day after you contact them.
- Get help choosing which printer to buy (for Administrative Users)
- Learn how to set up a printer on MITnet
- Fill out the Printing at MIT: Set up a Printer on MITnet form.
- Save paper and costs, and help the environment, by setting up your printer for Duplex (2-sided) printing
- Students: Pharos printing reduces the cost of public printing by eliminating waste and encouraging deliberate printing.
- Athena: Printing on Athena
- Macintosh: LPD Printing for Mac OS X 10.6 and later
- Windows: XP | Vista
Contact KSL directly to set up an appointment