IS&T's Distributed IT Resources (DITR) team helps departments with the purchase of physical hardware.
Benefits and key features
- Improved reliability and usability of departmental computing environment.
- Assistance with computer and tablet purchases based on job requirements.
- Sustainable maintenance practices.
- Operational compatibility with MIT standards and best practices.
- Supported set of hardware and software configurations.
New equipment acquisition:
- Assistances with new computer/tablet acquisition - small or bulk orders.
- All computers are purchased with a three-year warranty.
- Purchasing and renewal options are available on most standard MIT-recommended hardware.
- Shared printers are available in a limited capacity.
Equipment deployment and setup:
- Equipment delivered directly to your office.
- Optional configuration of software and data transfer services.
- Transfer data from old computers to new ones.
- Configure new computers with your software and specified configurations.
- Three-year lifecycle for computers is recommended. Our streamlined process ensures your computer's lifecycle management is highly organized.
- Pickup and disposal of older computer equipment. Your data is safe and disposal is environmentally friendly.
Preventative maintenance (for administrative staff):
- Routine checkups focused on security, backup, and software updates.
Contact DITR at: