IS&T provides a full service operation for departments, labs, and centers (DLCs) who require system administration and management for web servers and small databases. IS&T does not provide research computing solutions through the Managed Server program.
Benefits and key features
- IS&T will evaluate your server management needs and offer a comprehensive management package for your server environment. For more information about managed Linux or Windows servers, contact email@example.com.
- Managed servers are powered by VMware Cloud on AWS.
Managed Server service details
IS&T will provide the following:
Server resources: Virtual machine resources including memory, CPU, and disk are allocated based on agreed-up application requirements.
Server software: IS&T will:
- Maintain the operating system on your machine, including initial installation, any interim security patching involved, and major upgrades.
- Maintain our standard environment on the system, including remote login via Kerberos-enabled SSH and access to central MIT services, e.g., Kerberos, Moira.
- Manage all login access to the system, including the granting and revocation of root access and the creation of new UNIX accounts.
- Coordinate any changes to the system with you (client) to address any application testing or integration issues that may arise.
- Manage an Apache web server running on the system, excluding content.
- Manage an Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS SQL databases on the system.
- Perform any capacity planning required to create, maintain, and expand managed databases, as well as monitor performance and make specific recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Provide monitoring of the system for network connectivity, CPU, memory, and disk space utilization, SSH login availability, and any application specific monitoring that you request.
- IS&T performs nightly backups managed systems and their associated databases.
- Backups will be retained for 10 weeks.
Disaster recovery: Upon request, IS&T will work with you to formulate a disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity (BC) plan appropriate for your application. This will require your participation in BC/DR exercises in which your systems are recovered to alternate site.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about managed Linux or Windows servers.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions about managed FileMaker hosting. You may also request managed FileMaker hosting.