IS&T supports Windows device management through Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), formerly SCCM. MECM is an endpoint management service for Windows machines that provides inventory, software distribution, settings, and security management.
Benefits and key features
- Proactively manage device life cycles from purchase to retirement.
- Deploy software and printers to devices in an automated manner utilizing a common software library.
- Deploying operating system upgrades and patches.
- Ensure devices are encrypted, patched, and secured in compliance with accepted security best practices.
- Provide MDM functionality including the ability to remotely reboot and lock devices.
- Provide “self-service” to end users so they can update machines when convenient.
- Machines must be joined in the win.mit.edu domain.