IS&T maintains a limited pool of computing equipment available for loan to eligible MIT community members.
Students, Faculty, Staff
Benefits and key features
- Temporary loans: Students, faculty, and staff may borrow equipment to prevent a disruption to their MIT work while a device is out for repair or while waiting for a newly purchased device to arrive.
- Academic year loans: Undergraduate students and those graduate students working as teaching assistants may borrow an iPad bundle for the current academic year.
- International travel (new in 2023): Students, faculty, and staff traveling abroad are strongly encouraged to leave personal equipment at home and borrow secure devices for travel from IS&T.
- Students requesting equipment must be currently enrolled.
- Faculty and staff must provide a valid Institute cost object, which will be used for tracking purposes. Note: The cost object provided will be charged for the full replacement value of any equipment that is not returned.
- Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery of loaner equipment.
Temporary loan program:
- Students: Request a laptop (Apple or Dell) for temporary use. Review program terms and request a laptop loan here.
- Faculty and staff: Request a laptop (Apple or Dell) or tablet (Apple iPad or Microsoft Surface) for temporary use. Log in using Touchstone and complete the computing equipment loan request for faculty and staff.
Student iPad loan program:
- Undergraduate students and those graduate students working as TAs only: IS&T offers an iPad loaner bundle for use during the current academic year. Review program terms and request an iPad loan bundle here.
International travel loan program:
- Visit IS&T’s Secure Devices for International Travel page.