IS&T maintains a limited pool of computing equipment available for loan to MIT students, faculty, and staff who do not possess equipment with which to learn or teach remotely. Note that there are separate options and loan request forms for students and for faculty and staff.
Benefits and key features
IS&T provides a range of IT resources to the community, both to ensure continuity of the Institute's mission and to best support community members as they engage in their MIT activities remotely.
- Students requesting equipment must be currently enrolled.
- Faculty and staff must provide a valid Institute cost object, which will be used for tracking purposes only, and will not be charged.
Important: There are separate options and request forms for students and for faculty and staff. The forms below will not work on moblie devices.
Students: There are two equipment loan programs for MIT Students.
- For all students: Request a laptop, hotspot, and/or other peripherals. Log in using Touchstone and complete the computing equipment loan request for students.
- For undergraduate students and graduate students working as TAs only: IS&T offers an iPad loaner bundle for use during the academic year. The request form is now closed, and will be made available again before the start of the fall term. Requests received to date have been fulfilled. If you need assistance with your loaner iPad bundle, reply to your request ticket email or contact the Service Desk.
- If you have a computing need not listed here, contact the Service Desk to discuss your circumstances.