Benefits and key features
- Improved reliability and usability of departmental computing environment
- Assistance with computer and tablet purchases based on job requirements
- Sustainable maintenance practices
- Operational compatibility with MIT standards and best practices
- Supported set of hardware and software configurations
New equipment acquisition:
- Assistance with new computer/tablet acquisition—small or bulk orders
- All computers are purchased with a three year warranty.
- Purchasing and renewal options are available on most standard MIT-recommended hardware.
Equipment deployment and setup:
- Equipment is delivered directly to your office.
- Optional configuration of software and data transfer services
- Transfer data from old computers to new ones
- Configure new computers with your software and specified configurations
- Three year lifecycle for computers is recommended. DITR's streamlined process ensures your computer's lifecycle management is highly organized.
- Pickup and disposal of older computer equipment. Your data is safe and disposal is environmentally friendly.
- Contact DITR, phone: 617-258-5785 (x8-5785).