IS&T offers Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service and telephones as well as a softphone software program for making calls using internet-connected devices.
Benefits and key features
- VoIP is the telephone service used by MIT. IS&T supports all aspects of the service, from the infrastructure, to the physical telephone devices used by DLCs, to help and repair.
BroadSoft UC-One Communicator is the softphone client for faculty and staff to place calls with the MITvoip BroadSoft Cloud system.
- Calls to your VoIP personal phone number will be routed to the BroadSoft UC-One Communicator app running on your device.
- Calls made from BroadSoft UC-One Communicator display your MIT phone number.
- Request VoIP assistance from the Service Desk
- VoIP Account and Device Management
- Access the VoIP web interface to view and make updates your account
Softphone internet-connected devices (BroadSoft UC-One Communicator)
- Download the BroadSoft UC-One Communicator client from the IS&T Software Grid
General telephone and mobile device assistance: Large-scale adds/moves/changes: Contact the Service Desk.
Adds/moves/changes/repairs to on-campus telephone service: Have the following information ready before contacting the Service Desk:
- Detailed description of the problem, if a repair or troubleshooting is requested
- Telephone number and location of the defective phone or line
- Your contact information
- Large-scale changes: Contact the Service Desk early in the project to schedule work and minimize delays.
Annoyance calls: To report annoying or obscene telephone calls, email email@example.com.