IS&T offers the MIT Wiki Service to provide MIT groups and organizations with collaborative web spaces. Any MIT community group, project, or organization can request a wiki space.
Benefits and key features
- Wiki spaces can be restricted to a small group of colleagues or can be opened up to the world.
- Integrates MIT's well-established Moira list management service to manage group permissions.
- For authorization, Wikis integrates with MIT's Touchstone authentication service.
- Non-MIT users can participate as well, by creating a Touchstone collaboration account.
The MIT Wiki Service uses Confluence from Atlassian Software.
The MIT Wiki Service is intended for use by MIT academic, administrative, research, and student groups.
- Request an MIT Wiki Service space for your group or course.
- If you are a non-MIT participant, Get a Touchstone collaboration account.
- Get help: MIT Wiki Help Page | Confluence's User Guide
Access existing MIT Wiki spaces:
- Go to the MIT Wikis Dashboard, and click on the name of the space you want to visit, or search - some spaces may require permissions to view or edit.
Click Log In to see the full list of spaces you have permission to view.
For more information on permissions and access controls, see: Controlling Access to Your Wiki Space.
Note about support: Support is provided for creating spaces, setting up access control to spaces, and basic instructions and documentation on how to use a space. Since rules, page formats, and guidelines often differ from space to space, IS&T can only provide limited guidance to individual users. As a space administrator, you may need to assist your content creators as they get used to creating or editing pages in your space.