IS&T's Service Center offers a full range of PC repair services to the MIT community.
Benefits and key features
Warranty and out-of-warranty hardware repairs on Apple, Dell, and Lenovo Think-branded computers.
- Full hardware diagnostics
- Parts ordering and installation
- Memory and hard drive upgrades
Out-of-warranty hardware repairs on other model computers may include:
- Memory and hard drive replacement
Software repair services include:
- Operating system and software installation (based on the terms of MIT's license agreements with software vendors)
- Data recovery and disaster assessment
- Network and wireless troubleshooting
- Virus, spyware, and adware removal
Call the IS&T Help Desk at 617-253-1101 (x3-1101) to talk to a consultant before bringing your computer to E17-110. (A phone call may save you the trip.)
- Once you arrive you will be given a free consultation.
- If the problem cannot be quickly resolved, you can leave your machine with us for further diagnosis.
- There is no charge for hardware repaired under warranty.
- Out-of-warranty hardware repairs will receive a quote for the price of parts and shipping. (There is no cost for labor.)
- Software work, e.g., operating system installation is free of charge.
- Data backup and restoration may increase the turnaround time of the repair.
- Most repairs can be completed in 3 - 5 days.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing form you.