IS&T provides a variety of hosting solutions to the MIT Community. We will help you figure out exactly what kind of service you need: IS&T-provided or externally-provided.
Benefits and key features
We will find a solution based on your particular combination of needs: technology requirements, budgetary constraints, and whether you need full service hosting or want more control over your equipment and applications.
For-cost, IS&T-hosted solutions
- Managed servers: You lease server resources from IS&T; IS&T supports the hardware, operating system, and web server software.
- Server co-location: You support all aspects of your server; IS&T is responsible for the physical housing of your DLC-owned equipment.
No-cost IS&T options
- Drupal Cloud: Self-service Drupal website creation and hosting on a managed platform.
- web.mit.edu AFS lockers: Self-service static website hosting on a managed platform.
- wikis.mit.edu: Self-service wiki site.
Non-IS&T options (about which we can still provide advice)
- scripts.mit.edu: Self-service student-supported web application hosting
- External providers
Fill out this form to request server hosting and management services, or contact the IS&T Service Desk if you have questions.